Wednesday, March 13, 2019

New Year, N̶e̶w̶ ̶M̶e̶, BETTER ME!

Every time a new year comes, you can always hear or see people saying or writing, 'new year, new me.' But do they really change? In what way do they change? We can always say that we want to change a thing or two about ourselves but the problem is we also live by the saying, 'old habits die hard.' Plus we really don't know where to start.

This year, just like the past years, I don't have a new years resolutions or something like that because I know that I will not succeed on following all the things I've listed if I ever had. I know some of you will say, 'your just saying that just because you don't trust yourself enough.' But no, seriously not. I've been living this way and no way in hell that I still could change, the only thing I could do is to learn from my mistakes and be a better version of me through my experiences in life.

In addition to that the bigger the change that one is suggesting, the more it will tire their self-control. And when people exhaust their self-control, what they’re exhausting is their brain that is needed to think creatively, to focus and to persist in the face of frustration or failure. In other words, they’re exhausting precisely the brain needed to make a big change. 

If we ever want to change something about ourselves we can just start immediately and not wait for another year to come. We are the bosses of our lives, we are the leader of the change we want to happen in our lives. If we really want to change a thing or two about us, we can always just learn from our mistakes and not do those mistakes again while waiting for a new year to come.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Blog, Last Quarter!

               School year's almost done! This grading  there were lots of classes interruption but even though there's lots of it w...